Monday 10 September 2018

Dear Grandpa!

Dear Grandpa,

I am sorry for not writing to you in a while. I think it’s the sky this morning which wants me to pen this down for you. So, I will. It’s golden-ish-blue-ish-grey-ish in colour, reeks of acceptance.

I’ve been managing life okayish-ly, or so I believe & want you to believe too. Tabla practice isn’t very regular but, I sort of manage to play the beauty once in a while. Been a while since I had apples, nobody cuts it the way you used to do it, you know. The world is doing fine with me in it. It’s huge, I feel tiny at times, but the moon up there makes it beautiful at all times.

I’m not sure how much grace is left in my expression or is there any grace in it or not, in fact I’m not sure if it exists in me anymore or not. On some days, there is a hurricane in me & on other days it feels like a manageable cyclone, on my good days I impress myself & during better days I out to do myself, on some nights I ensure my mind is at place, functional-logical-dutiful but on some unending nights I let bits of my heart & soul takeover sometimes it’s stunning to feel what the heart can do, but usually the heart at the driving seat messes it up, reminds me of voids & pieces of my own.

Video game collection is being maintained. Stationary is well kept. Your lemon yellow kurta still sits in the corner of my wardrobe & sometimes I embrace it too, I’m told it looks nice on me. The golden watch that you wore is the most stunning watch, till date, I haven’t seen a watch as gorgeous as that till date.

Umm....I think that’s all for now. Oh yes! The promise remains as is, I will protect myself from what is not mine & not let go what is mine. Till we meet again!

Love,
Your favourite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment