Monday 3 December 2018

Half a decade.....!

What is it that you want my child?, she asks. An ultra strong glass of coffee for now, I reply. She stares at me, goes in the kitchen, makes coffee just like the way I love. 3 spoons of coffee, half a spoon of sugar, milk and a bit of caramel. Dayum! One sip of it and wooosh goes all the stress, sleeplessness, tiredness, mess. She didn’t forget it. Even after 5 long years she didn’t, or did she choose to remember? I don’t know, but the coffee, it took my heart and soul.

I could’ve traded anything and everything for it. I have been drinking coffees at the fanciest places and have also enjoyed a coffee on the roadside, but the thing about her coffee is, what it is.

Its been five years since I showed her my face. That’s a while I guess.

She comes out of the kitchen with a glass of coffee, it must be her coffee, the one she drools over, black and sweet, yes she likes it like that.

She sits on the couch, I’m seated on the arm chair, both of us are too involved with our coffees. It seems as if familiarity of the taste is oh so enough to evaporate the cyclones in the head.

After a couple of minutes, I ask, so how’s life been?, “Umm...quite nice, I’ve expanded the kitchen. It’s become more spacious now. I spend more time in there,” she replies.

“How good are you?” she enquires, pretty good I say.

There’s silence, we know we are not saying what it is, but i think the silence is familiar like those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment