Thursday 6 December 2018

Wanting to write!

All these days and months and years,
I have been wanting and craving to write,
To you, for you, of you, about you;
There’s this urge to articulate everything
That chose to exist between us, for us.

I have to thank the moon and the stars,
The early morning sun and the birds
For making me believe in magic & passion
In dreams that fuel life’s fashion.

But what do I write,
How do I come up with words
That suffice what it is
To feel what has not been felt.

Who do I write to?
Who are you?
Are you even...?

Are you the moon,
That keeps me company all night
Or the fresh dew on the flowers
That brightens up my smile,
Or are you the darkness
That resides in me.

Oh wait,
Are you the me that I seek
As I sip this coffee
The me that I’ve been trying
To chase as I lust over
The existence of a peaceful sleep

You see I’ve been wanting...
Craving...drooling...desiring
A bearable version of me,
How will I ever write
To unknown me?

No comments:

Post a Comment