Thursday 14 July 2016

Your problem, your solution!

I have officially graduated now. Yes, officially; with my mark sheet and all. Which is a great thing and I am more than happy about it. But, the strange and the very weird part is, that I am still not over with my college life. Yes, getting done with college and getting over the life in college are two very different things. Trust me, I say this out of experience. Those three years in just another mediocre college of the Delhi University did not become a part of life, they simply became synonymous to LIFE. Yes, life.
Waking up to the early morning calls for some event or the other in college had become my morning alarm. Forgetting to have lunch everyday, was a part of my routine, as I was always busy with one show or the other. Staying up till 4 am everyday for updating my college society’s page became a habit. All in all before i could realize that I was falling in love with a place called Dyal Singh College, i was already addicted to it. I still am addicted to it.
I received a call from my department today, and trust me without even thinking for a single second, I left for college. The fact that I am a graduate now and I should not be going back to that building just didn’t come in my head.
I have spent 14 years in school and believe me I have not visited my school ever again after my 12th. I was in one of the best schools. Probably, one of those schools in which people really want to get into. In 14 years in that very sophisticated building and not a single sign of missing or craving to run into it, again. In fact, I have ignored all the alumni invitations from that companion of 14 years.
Whereas, three years in that dusty, old, fragile building seem to have done some magic on me that I just can’t get over it. Is it that essence of acceptance that the college has given me more than love? Or, is it the people there who have some magnetic force which pulls me towards the shoddy building?
Anyway, the fact of the matter is, that I haven’t moved on from that phase even after its end and that is simply hazardous. Clinging on to something, that is over already is fatal, right?
How does one move on from one phase to another? Simple answer, by biding adieu to the former phase and welcoming the new phase. But, wait! Is that easy as it sounds? NO. So what should one do? Pretend to move on? Even if pretending to move on sounds like a plan to you, rest assure it is extremely difficult too.
A very sensible human, once said “let it get stale, allow it to rot, give it time to decompose and you will be good to go.” I think this is one of the only options that I have, now. The phase is at level 01 i.e. getting stale. Soon enough it will reach its final level and this burden of not moving on will get lifted, automatically. I might, hate my college after it has crossed its final stage but after that happens, I am sure that I will emerge out as a stronger and sensible being, and for being that this is a very small price to pay!
In the end of the day, all you have to remember is, if problems are yours, it is you who has to find a solution to them. There really is nobody who can present you THE solution on a plate. And, figuring out your life in your unique style has a charm of it own, always.
In the spirit of making, breaking, learning, falling, rising and most importantly flowing not with flow, but with your passion!
Cheers, to life and the experiences it offers!!! :D

Also, available on Medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment